All of the City of Valdosta’s application appointments for this grant program have been filled. If appointments open up Valdosta City will notify the public on their website and social media.
City launches COVID-19 Temporary Residential Utility Grant Assistance Program
On Monday, September 21, 2020, the City of Valdosta will open the application period for its COVID-19 Temporary Residential Utility Grant Assistance Program, which will provide one-time utility assistance to eligible City of Valdosta households who are low to moderate income or have suffered loss of income related to the COVID-19 pandemic. These funds will assist with utility payments to either the City of Valdosta, Georgia Power, or Colquitt Electric Collaborative for residential past due balances due to COVID-19. The relief program will provide grant payments of up to $350 directly to utility providers.
The Temporary Residential Utility Grant Assistance Program is open to City of Valdosta residents only and available on a first-come first-qualified basis for 1107 applicants.
“We know COVID-19 has had a huge economic impact on many of our residents, particularly when it comes to paying for essentials like monthly rent and utility bills,” said Vanassa Flucas, Neighborhood Development Director. “This program will help more than 1,100 residents in need.”
Following are details on who may apply for the Temporary Residential Utility Grant Assistance Program and how to submit an application:
- Applicants must reside within the City of Valdosta, no exceptions
- Applications will be taken by appointment only – To make an appointment please call 229-259-3520.
- Application period begins Monday, September 21 at 8:00 a.m. and ends once all application appointments have been filled; early applications will not be accepted
- NO LATE OR MISSED APPOINTMENTS WILL BE HONORED – Must be rescheduled if the program schedule permits
- Applicants must bring a copy of utility bills and a State-Issued ID
- Grant amounts are up to $350.00 and will be issued to the utility providers only
- No money will be issued to residents
- Only one grant will be issued per residential address
- Appointments will be scheduled daily until all the program funding is spent
For further information regarding this program, please contact the City of Valdosta Neighborhood Development Division at 229-671-3617.