//Unattended cooking leads to Sheridan Place fire

Unattended cooking leads to Sheridan Place fire

Share with friends


On Wednesday, January 6, 2021, the Valdosta Fire Department responded to a structure fire at a two-story multi-family unit at 2713 Sheridan Place. The call came in to dispatch from a nearby resident at 12:13 P.M. Fire crews arrived on scene in less than four minutes and found smoke coming out of the front door and roof gable of the residence. Crews extinguished the fire in less than two minutes. No injuries were reported and one canine was rescued. The canine was evaluated by fire crews and released to the pet owner.

Due to the quick response of the fire department, only one family (two residents) is displaced as a result of the fire.

There were a total of 17 fire personnel on the scene. Valdosta Police Department and South Georgia Medical Center EMS assisted with on-scene operations. The cause of the fire was determined to be unattended cooking.