VALDOSTA— With July 4th right around the corner, the Valdosta Fire Department released a brief list of tips on fire safety when grilling:
- When grilling, maintain at least 10-12 ft. away from any structure.
- When using charcoal, make sure it’s extinguished entirely by wetting and mixing the pile. This way, the charcoal can’t reignite later.
- When using gas, make sure the gas line is secure and doesn’t leak. Also, ensure that the tank isn’t ruptured or dented.
- If the fire goes out on the grill, wait a full minute before relighting it.
- Never leave the grill unattended.
Original Source: City of Valdosta