Today, WalletHub released the results of a Coronavirus Shopping Survey that shows millions of Americans are actually spending more money than usual during the pandemic. Below are the Key Stats from a release on the survey:
- Some Americans are shopping more during the pandemic: 58 million Americans are spending more money while social distancing.
- Many people use shopping to ease stress: 43 percent of Americans have participated in “comfort buying” due to social isolation.
- Deliveries cause anxiety: 57 percent of Americans are concerned about package safety while comfort buying.
- People worry about food contamination: 60 percent of Americans are concerned about the safety of having food delivered during the pandemic.
- People use entertainment and drinking to take the edge off: Americans are spending the most “non-essential” money on entertainment (29 percent) and alcohol (23 percent) right now.
The complete survey results can be found at https://wallethub.com/blog/coronavirus-shopping-survey/73706/