//Electric overload causes Valdosta fire on Lasalle Drive

Electric overload causes Valdosta fire on Lasalle Drive

Share with friends


Valdosta Fire Department Responds to Structure Fire on Lasalle Drive

On Monday, April 5, 2021, the Valdosta Fire Department responded to a report of a structure fire at 2046 Lasalle Drive. The call came in from dispatch at 1:28 AM. Fire crews arrived on scene in less than five minutes and found light smoke coming from the home. Firefighters quickly made entry and found a mattress on fire in a bedroom and extinguished it in less than two minutes. One occupant was treated and transported by South Georgia Medical Center EMS for smoke inhalation. The residents were located outside of the structure upon the fire departments arrival and were able to stay with nearby relatives after the fire.

The fire was determined to be the result of an extension cord that became overloaded by a space heater. The fire resulted in moderate smoke and water damage to the home.

There were a total of 12 fire personnel on the scene. Valdosta Police Department and South Georgia Medical Center EMS assisted with on-scene operations.