Valdosta Fire Department Responds to Structure Fire on Azalea Drive
On Sunday, December 27, the Valdosta Fire Department responded to the report of a structure fire at 1714 Azalea Drive. The call came in from dispatch at approximately 2:02 PM. The first fire unit arrived within three minutes to find smoke and flames coming from the attic. Fire crews were able to bring the fire under control quickly. One occupant was displaced as a result of the fire. No injuries were reported.
There were a total of 15 fire personnel on the scene. Valdosta Police Department and South Georgia Medical Center EMS assisted with on scene operations. The cause of the fire was determined to be unattended cooking.