The Valdosta Wildcats will travel to Evans, Georgia, for the second round of the GHSA Class 6A playoffs on Friday, December 4. The Wildcats will play the Evans High School Knights with a 7:30 pm kickoff. The EHS Stadium address is 4550 Cox Road.All tickets must be purchased online, no tickets will be sold in person in Valdosta or at the gate in Evans, Georgia. Click here to buy your tickets, all seats are general admission and cost $10 each. (https://gofan.co/app/events/171446) Columbia County Schools, home of Evans High, has published the following athletic spectator guidelines everyone in attendance must adhere to:
- Spectators are expected to stay at home if they have COVID-like symptoms, such as fatigue, headache, cough, sore throat, nausea, loss of taste and smell, body aches, and/or a temperature greater than 100.4 degrees.
- Spectators will wear a face covering when:
- Entering/exiting the venue;
- Transitioning from one location to another;
- At the concession stand;
- In restrooms;
- In a large gathering of people; and when
- Social distancing is not possible.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the following areas:
- Entrance and exit locations;
- Concession stand area.
- Spectators are not permitted on or in the following areas before, during, or after the athletic contest:
- On the playing field; or in
- Locker rooms.
- Spectators should not congregate or gather in groups before, during, or after the athletic contest.
- Multiple gate doors, when applicable, will be available when the game is over to utilize social distancing upon exiting.
- Non family units should be socially distanced while sitting or standing in the stadium before, during, and after the contest.
- Schools will designate appropriate seating areas.
- Personal chairs are permitted seating along the fence line and in designated areas in the stadium.
- Announcements will be made throughout the athletic contest reminding spectators to wear a mask when social distancing is not possible.
- Concession Stand Guidelines
- Volunteers must wear gloves and face coverings;
- Condiments will be in packets, and individual spork kits with napkins will replace separate plasticware and napkins;
- Spaces will be designated 6ft apart for patrons to stand while waiting in line;
- No loitering around the concession stand area;
- Patrons must return to their seats to eat when social distancing is possible. Otherwise, patrons must eat in assigned areas where proper distancing can be maintained.
- Other Information
- Spectators should not throw objects at any time while on school campus.
- Good sportsmanship should be displayed at all times.
There will be a Fan Bus available. The Fan Bus is provided by a private entity, not sanctioned by Valdosta City Schools or Valdosta High School. All travelers choosing to ride the bus are voluntarily assuming all risks associated with exposure of COVID-19. Information about the Fan Bus is below.
Remember NO TICKETS WILL BE SOLD AT THE GATES IN EVANS!! Everyone must purchase their tickets online before arriving at the stadium on Friday, December 4. At this time, there is no plan to live stream the game.