//Unattended cooking leads to Valdosta house fire

Unattended cooking leads to Valdosta house fire

Share with friends

Release:

On Saturday, July 25, 2020, the Valdosta Fire Department responded to the report of a structure fire at 718 Georgia Avenue. The call was received from dispatch at 7:36 P.M. The first fire unit arrived within five minutes to find heavy smoke and flames coming from windows of the residence.

One adult occupant and three children evacuated the building prior to the fire units arrived. Fire crews located and rescued one feline. There were no injuries reported.

Valdosta Police Department and South Georgia Medical Center EMS assisted with on scene operations. A total of eighteen VFD personnel responded to the scene. The cause of the fire was determined to be unattended cooking.

For additional information, please contact Ashlyn Johnson, Public Information Officer at ajohnson@valdostacity.com.

Structure fire at 718 Georgia Avenue