GEORGIA – A couple weeks ago we told you about some kerosene sold in Columbus and Ringgold, Georgia that could possibly be contaminated with gasoline (here). Ag. Commissioner Gary W. Black has now found more kerosene with the same problem.
Agriculture Commissioner Gary W. Black is warning consumers who purchased kerosene on or before November 18, 2013 from the Dixie Food Mart at 1400 E Broad St Albany, Georgia 31705 or Sonny Campbell Gulf Station at 114 N Slappey Rd Albany, Georgia 31701 not to use the product in their kerosene heaters or lamps.
The kerosene is possibly contaminated with gasoline and has the potential to cause an explosion or fire if used in home heaters or lamps. Inspectors from the Georgia Department of Agriculture’s Fuel & Measures Division discovered the contaminated products on a routine inspection of the stores.
A “stop-sale” order has been placed on the kerosene pump at both stores. The pumps will remain closed until the tank and lines have been cleaned and a new shipment has been tested and approved by the Georgia Department of Agriculture. To date, no other stations are involved.
Consumers who purchased kerosene from either store on or before November 18, 2013 should refrain from using the product and return it to the store of purchase for a refund.
Source: Department of Agriculture Press Release