VALDOSTA – A Valdosta Walgreen’s pharmacy technician receives the “Rising Star Award” as part of the Best of the Best Pharmacy Awards.
In recognition of American Pharmacists Month in October, SingleCare, the free prescription savings service, has announced its fourth annual Best of the Best Pharmacy Awards. This year’s awards generated thousands of nominations from customers across the country and 25 winners in total have been recognized, including pharmacy technician Haylee Truelove from Valdosta, Georgia who received the “Rising Star Award”. Haylee attends Valdosta State University and still works at the Walgreens in Valdosta while attending school. Haylee was selected among the top 10 pharmacy techs in the country, among over 400,000 pharmacy techs nationwide. The Best of the Best awards highlight these unsung heroes of healthcare and the essential work pharmacy teams do on a daily basis to keep their patients and communities healthy.
A link to the profile of Haylee Truelove is available below.
SingleCare, the free prescription savings service that delivers consistently low prices on the medications people need most, today announced the winners of its fourth annual Best of the Best Pharmacy Awards. The industry’s preeminent program highlighting the exceptional work of pharmacy staff nationwide, the Best of the Best Awards recognizes the top pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, interns, and pharmacy teams across the country who go above and beyond in helping their communities stay healthy.
To determine winners, SingleCare’s Editorial Board evaluated thousands of customer nominations. In total, 25 winners were named, including 10 pharmacists, nine pharmacy technicians, one pharmacy intern, and five pharmacy teams. A common thread among winner stories is they consistently provide their patients with exceptional service and the highest quality of care at the pharmacy counter.
The award for the nation’s top pharmacist went to Nho Nguyen, Pharm.D., who works in the Kroger pharmacy on 14344 Memorial Drive in Houston, Texas. A pillar of his local community, Dr. Nguyen goes out of his way to build relationships and trust with his customers while supporting their healthcare needs. As a testament to his exceptional service, Dr. Nguyen has customers who, for the past 20 years, have driven across the city just to get their flu shot from him each fall. Another patient would even drive five hours roundtrip from Austin each month to get prescriptions filled from him. “Dr. Nho Nguyen is kind, friendly, and very knowledgeable,” said one of his patients. “He is the BEST pharmacist. I won’t get my prescriptions anywhere else.” Dr. Nguyen does whatever it takes in order to keep his community healthy and safe. He and his team even went the extra mile during Hurricane Harvey by opening their pharmacy despite flooding conditions to ensure patients wouldn’t lose access to their medications.
“SingleCare is proud to recognize these outstanding pharmacists and technicians who go out of their way to ensure their local communities stay healthy,” said Rick Bates, founder and CEO of RxSense, the parent company of SingleCare. “These awards highlight the selfless and tireless work that pharmacy staff do on a daily basis to keep people in their communities healthy. It’s our privilege to honor these healthcare heroes who continue to demonstrate excellence in care and a resolute commitment to providing outstanding service.”
2022 Best of the Best Pharmacist Winners
- Best Pharmacist– Nho Nguyen, Pharm.D., Kroger, Houston, Texas
- COVID Cares Pharmacist– Jennifer Doran, R.Ph., Wegmans, Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
- Above & Beyond Award– Johnny R. Nobles III, Pharm.D., Walmart Neighborhood Market, Montgomery, Alabama
- Best Pharmacist for Savings– Vicki O’Connor, R.Ph., Osco Pharmacy, Huntley, Illinois
- Best Pharmacist Influencer–Sue Ojageer, Pharm.D., Walgreens, McKinney, Texas
- Best Pharmacist for Service– Timothy M. Orcutt, Pharm.D., Harris Teeter, Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
- Best Pharmacist for Education– Michael Anthony Ortega Jr., Pharm.D., King Soopers, Greeley, Colorado
- Best Pharmacy Mentor– Digvijay Raol, Pharm.D., Walgreens, La Grange Highlands, Illinois
- Lifetime Achievement Award– Jacqueline C. Tanzer, R.Ph., Walgreens, Wilmington, Delaware
- Top Community Leader– Tsehaye Zemenfes, Pharm.D., MPH, Alamo Navajo Health Center, Alamo, New Mexico
2022 Best of the Best Pharmacy Technician & Intern Winners
- Best Pharmacy Technician– Delaney Santon, CPhT, Safeway, Washougal, Washington
- Best Pharmacy Intern – Jake Boan, Walmart, Clinton, Missouri
- Best Technician for Education– T’Rheya Eberhardt, CPhT, Walmart, Atlanta, Georgia
- COVID Cares Technician– Zachery Holderman, Meijer, Sturgis, Michigan
- Most Empathetic Technician– Ann Marie Johnston, CVS Pharmacy, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Best Patient Advocate– John W. Jordan, CPhT, CVS Pharmacy, Camarillo, California
- Customer Care Award– Nicholas Leeper, CPhT, H-E-B, San Antonio, Texas
- Best Technician for Service– Nikki Smith, CPhT, Walmart, Fayetteville, Arkansas
- Rising Star Award– Haylee Truelove, CPhT, Walgreens, Valdosta, Georgia
- Most Dedicated Technician–Ingrid Zelenyanszky, CPhT, Walgreens, North Conway, New Hampshire
2022 Best of the Best Pharmacy Team Winners
- Best Pharmacy Team–Harris Teeter #341 in High Point, North Carolina
- Best Pharmacy for Service– Weis #129 in Damascus, Maryland
- Most Community-Focused Team– CVS #556 in Gales Ferry, Connecticut
- Best Pharmacy for Education –Safeway #1129 in Dunkirk, Maryland
- Best Independent Pharmacy–Charitable Pharmacy of Central Ohio in Columbus, Ohio
For more information on the Best of the Best Awards and the 2022 Best of the Best Award winners, please visit https://www.singlecare.com/pharmacy-awards/.
SingleCare is the free prescription savings service that offers consumers fast and easy access to consistently low prices on prescription drugs. Powered by its own industry-leading technology, and through its partnerships with the country’s largest pharmacies and grocers, including CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, Kroger, Albertsons, Safeway, Rite Aid and Meijer, SingleCare improves access and adherence to affordable medications for millions of Americans. Available to use at 35,000 pharmacies nationwide, consumers can find prescription savings in 10 seconds or less through the mobile app or discount cards available on SingleCare.com. SingleCare handles hundreds of thousands of prescriptions per day and has helped millions of people across the U.S. save over $4.5 billion on their medications. SingleCare and its parent company, RxSense, have received several prestigious awards, including Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and Forbes’ America’s Best Startup Employers. For more information, visit SingleCare.com or download the app on iOS and Android.