Valdosta City Schools will host a Drive Thru Kindergarten Registration on Thursday, August 27 from 5:30 until 7:30 pm in the parking lot between the VCS Central Office and Bazemore-Hyder Stadium. We are asking participants to enter through the Williams Street side of the lot and exit on to Slater Street.
Registration is for students who will be 5 years old on or before September 1 and live in the J.L. Lomax, Pinevale, Sallas Mahone, S.L. Mason and W.G. Nunn Elementary School zones. All newly enrolled kindergarten students will be eligible for traditional, in-person learning or the VCS virtual learning option.
Parents can fill out the registration packet prior to attending, or fill it out on site during the event. Please remember to bring the following required documents to complete enrollment:
- Certified/Official birth certificate of child
- Copy of child’s Social Security card or signed waiver
- Shot record on GA Certificate of Immunization (Form 3231)
- Certificate of Eye, Ear, Dental, and Nutrition Examination (Form 3300) (Records may be obtained at the Health Department Monday-Friday)
- Proof of residence within the school district
Minimum of TWO current documents from the following list is required for all students:
- Current utility bill with parent’s name and address (MUST BE ONE FORM OF PROOF);
- Rental agreement with parent’s name, address and children living in the home; and/or
- Mortgage statement with parent’s name and address.
Again, we ask that all participants enter from the Williams Street end of the parking lot and remain in their automobiles. We will have volunteers on site to assist with any questions, making copies of required documents and traffic control. For more information, call Valdosta City Schools at (229) 333-8500.