TIFTON, GA – U.S. Congressman Austin Scott (GA-08) today announced the start of the 2014 Congressional Art Competition. All high school students (9-12th grade) who reside in or attend school in the 8th Congressional District are encouraged to participate.
The winning entry from Georgia’s Eighth Congressional District will be displayed in the United States Capitol for a year alongside artwork from every congressional district across the country.
All artwork must be submitted between April 14th through 16th at one of the following six drop-off locations:
- · Howard High School: 6400 Forsyth Road, Macon, GA
- · Congressman Scott’s District Office in Warner Robins: 230 Margie Drive, Suite 500, Warner Robins, GA
- · Dodge County High School: 350 Pearl Bates Road, Eastman, GA
- · Thomas County Central High: 4685 US Hwy 84, Thomasville, GA
- · Congressman Scott’s District Office in Tifton: 127-B Central Ave N, Tifton, GA
- · Lowndes County High: 1606 Norman Drive, Valdosta, GA
All entries from Georgia’s Eighth District will be displayed during a weeklong exhibit at Rigby’s Entertainment Complex in Warner Robins from April 21st through April 27th. Additionally, after last year’s overwhelming participation, we will continue the “People’s Choice Award,” giving Facebook fans of Rep. Scott the opportunity to choose their favorite artwork.
Three award-winning works of art will be selected by a distinguished panel of judges. The first place art work will be displayed at the US Capitol for an eleven month exhibit beginning in June, 2014. The winning student will receive two airline tickets to Washington DC for the national ceremony and ribbon cutting of the art exhibit. The student will also be eligible to receive a $3,000 per year admission scholarship to the Savannah College of Art and Design, should they apply and be accepted. Winners will be announced by Congressman Scott at an Awards Ceremony and Reception at Rigby’s Entertainment Complex on Sunday, April 27, 2014 at 3:00 p.m.