Valdosta, GA- A morning spill of hydrochloric acid near Splash Island at Wild Adventures forced the park to close for the day on Tuesday. Spokesperson Micha Hogan said that the spill happened behind the park yesterday morning, and never entered the pool area or anywhere where patrons could be in contact. Hydrochloric acid is used to control chlorine levels in the water in the park’s pool and slides.
The afternoon rains made it difficult for local officials to clean up and neutralize the spill, forcing the park’s closing. Wild Adventures will be open for business at regularly scheduled hours on Wednesday.