Local Business

Perfectly Priscilla Features Curvy Fashions

Perfectly Priscilla Features Curvy Fashions

| November 24, 2017 | 0 Comments

By Sharah Denton In June of 2014 Deidre Thompson had no idea that her idea of having fashion options for curvy women would grow into a million dollar gold mine for plus sized women.  It was Deidra’s disdain for clothing either not flattering or trendy for the curvy woman that gave her the idea to […]

×
Jacobs’ Ladder Provides Unique Therapy

Jacobs’ Ladder Provides Unique Therapy

| November 17, 2017 | 0 Comments

By: Sharah Denton For Leslie Jacobs, seeing children with developmental disabilities reach their goals and reach milestones in therapy is what she is passionate about. Since 1995, Leslie has taught able riders and worked in Raleigh, North Carolina with Special Olympics World Games where she was responsible for two riders and their horses. Her work […]

×
New Executive Director of Habitat Continuing Vision

New Executive Director of Habitat Continuing Vision

| November 17, 2017 | 0 Comments

By: Sharah Denton Community Service has a way of pulling you in to serve in higher levels. For the new Executive Director of Habitat for Humanity in Valdosta, Molly Ferrier, that is just what ended up happening. Prior to attending her first semester of undergraduate classes she volunteered at Habitat for Humanity in Vermont. After […]

×
Valdosta Sears to Close

Valdosta Sears to Close

| November 2, 2017 | 0 Comments

Valdosta – Sears in the Valdosta Mall will be closing in late January 2018, according to a Sears Holdings press release. Other closures in Georgia include the Kmart stores in Macon, Tifton and Dalton and the Sears in Lithonia. Sears Holdings Press Release:  “Sears Holdings continues its strategic assessment of the productivity of our Kmart […]

×
Curt Fowler Column: Training for Emotional Intelligence at Starbucks

Curt Fowler Column: Training for Emotional Intelligence at Starbucks

| October 28, 2017 | 0 Comments

Curt Fowler | Fowler & Company “At best, IQ contributes about 20% to the factors that determine success, which leaves 80% to other forces; these forces are Emotional Intelligence” – Daniel Goleman Starbucks doesn’t sell coffee (no reasonable person would pay that much for just coffee). Ask any Starbucks executive what they sell and they […]

×
Martin’s Announces Expansion at the Valdosta Bakery

Martin’s Announces Expansion at the Valdosta Bakery

| October 17, 2017 | 0 Comments

  Press Release: October 17, 2017, Valdosta, Georgia– Martin’s Famous Pastry Shoppe, Inc.®, home of the number one branded hamburger roll in the United States, is expanding their bakery in Valdosta-Lowndes County, Georgia, to add additional production capacity. Martin’s Famous Pastry Shoppe, Inc., has been known for their continual pursuit of a higher level of […]

×
Barry-Wehmiller’s Principles of Leadership

Barry-Wehmiller’s Principles of Leadership

| September 25, 2017 | 0 Comments

By Curt Fowler | Fowler & Company BarryWehmiller’s Principles of Leadership Last week we discussed how Barry-Wehmiller cares for the people in its organization. We also noted how Barry-Wehmiller grew from $22 million in revenues in 1976 to a $2.4 billion company today. That is an impressive jump in revenue, but what is even more […]

×
Employment up, unemployment rate down in Southern Georgia in August

Employment up, unemployment rate down in Southern Georgia in August

| September 24, 2017 | 0 Comments

ATLANTA – State Labor Commissioner Mark Butler said today that Southern Georgia’s unemployment and jobs picture looked bright in August. Butler said Wednesday that in August the unemployment rate was just 5 percent, unemployment claims fell and job growth continued to climb. “The August numbers show Southern Georgia’s economy and outlook for employment remains healthy,” said Butler. The […]

×
Wiregrass Tech is Preparing for Industry Needs 

Wiregrass Tech is Preparing for Industry Needs 

| September 24, 2017 | 0 Comments

VALDOSTA –  In the 1990’s there was a huge push for high school and college students to consider Health Occupation careers with the growing number of the baby boomer generation getting older.  Now, Manufacturing and Construction industries are feeling the effects of an aging population. Wiregrass Georgia Technical College works closely with industries and businesses in […]

×
Stewarding the Precious Children in Your Care

Stewarding the Precious Children in Your Care

| September 24, 2017 | 0 Comments

By Curt Fowler | Fowler & Company Barry-Wehmiller is committed to building a better world through business. They seem to be doing a pretty good job. Today the Barry-Wehmiller companies have total revenues of $2.4B. How they achieved this level of success is an interesting story. The company was founded in 1885 as a maker […]

×