Community takes action after Canada geese family killed

| May 24, 2016

VALDOSTA – According to witnesses, a car struck and killed three Canada goslings and their mother near the pond the geese live along Inner Perimeter Road next to Publix.

The McCall Family, which frequently feeds the geese and collects trash around the pond, are asking the public to be vigilant in ensuring the safety of the geese which are protected by state and federal law.

Read more from WCTV reporter Noelani Mathews.

Lowndes Primary Election Results
Valdosta man arrested on multiple warrants after foot chase

7 Comments on "Community takes action after Canada geese family killed"

1. Angela says:

I like them geese. Glad to hear someone takes care of them. I saw traffic stopped on Inner Perimeter Road one day letting a family cross. I think that this is something a lot of locals would like to get behind. Thank you for taking care of this wild life area.

2. Chiffon Browne says:

I watched them on a daily bases as they where in the area. It’s so sad that someone would run over them. I hope they find out who did it and lock them up because that was so wrong.

3. Grace says:

This really breaks my heart. I really loved seeing them every time I go to Publix. Where has humanity gone???? They were not harming anyone. Poor babies.

4. WHAT says:

Somebody hit Ted Cruz what a shame

5. Bob smith says:

#gooselivesmatter

6. Jay says:

Unfortunately, animals and even people get hit crossing roads…doesn’t mean it was intentional. I’ve hit dogs, cats, opossums, and an armadillo, none of which could have been avoided. I love animals as much as the next person, but accidents happen. That said, hopefully everyone will be more aware of the geese, especially along Perimeter; there’s still a few of them out there! Stay aware!

• Jay says:

P.S. if it WAS intentional, I agree, hope they prosecute them as harshly as possible!