Black students removed from Trump rally

| February 29, 2016

VALDOSTA – Before Donald Trump delivered his remarks to an excited crowd Monday evening at Valdosta State University, approximately 30 black students who were standing silently in the bleachers were asked to leave.

Tahjila Davis, 19, a VSU mass media student, told a reporter for USA Today she was among the group who was asked to leave and that they “didn’t plan to do anything.”

“They said, ‘This is Trump’s property; it’s a private event.’ But I paid my tuition to be here,” Davis told USA Today.

Secret Service agents said Trump requested their removal before he began speaking, but a campaign spokesperson denied to USA Today that the students were kicked out of the event “at the request of the candidate.”

“I don’t understand why they would do something like that,” Davis said. “I have not experienced any racism on this campus until now.”

Read more.

Winnersville welcomes Trump
Valdosta Trump Rally Photo Gallery

26 Comments on "Black students removed from Trump rally"

1. Robert says:

3, 2, 1,…..and let the race comments begin.

2. Dallas says:

Please stop whining and pretending to be “offended” after you got exactly what you asked for, exactly what you planned for: some attention and a moment to run your mouths on TV. You people are idiots….and, thankfully, your fifteen minutes are up….now go somewhere else to peddled your fake rage…and, just as a side note, no one believes a word you are saying….you have made fools of yourselves and diminished whatever “cause” you might actually believe in.

3. blacksheep says:

This is just what we need motivate young black adults to register and vote we are no longer the minority in the state of Georgia that’s what’s scaring so many people they are beginning to realize this that why you have so many gerrymandered districts and all of the attempts to suppress the vote

4. Steve says:

They “didn’t plan to do anything”? How come the Black Power salute was given by the majority on the way out? Nobody believes the “ole poor me” skit.

• JW says:

Because they were being removed without cause.

• Steve says:

Guess you didn’t see how they were all dressed alike (in black) and how they very strangely came into the PE complex. It was pretty clear they were there to disrupt just like in many other rallys. Even social media took note of them before it got started.

Vote Ted Cruz 16′

• KayKay says:

At least you got to see who they are and what they did. They wasn’t hiding behind a white sheet.

5. dixie&trixie says:

Your days as the majority are numbered you will get yours haters

• Dallas says:

Glad to know you have the same agenda that the Obamas have had from day one: REVENGE AGAINST WHITEY. Nice. Good luck with that….

6. dixie&trixie says:

Too late Dallas its over for your type of hate

• Dallas says:

Not a matter of hate…a matter of fact….it is one thing to ask for and earn respect and support and encouragement to move toward some goal…it is quite another to have as your sole agenda to inflict pain or be a disruptive force simply to draw attention to yourself….I just wish the minority community would admit to its own racism and anger rather than consistently seek some other group or individual to blame….THAT is what is sad to me…and I know that will never, ever change….

7. Abel says:

You know some of those are Eric Sheppard’s friends that were swearing at people and stomping on the US flag. You just have to look at the pictures and old videos of when they did that to see its them.

8. David says:

These girls (dressed in Black) sat behind me during the Trump Rally. They asked for two Trump signs that were offered by Mr. Trump and they immediately held them high and tore them to pieces as an obvious act of defiance. When people ignored them they walked out and evidently they were asked to leave.
    This is the results of children raised to believe their skin color is a handicap.
    There appears to be a pattern among young Black people to want to make a stand even when there is no stand to make. It is a way of getting attention but it does nothing to improve their situation. Intelligent people are able to see though the deception and it does more to hurt them than help.

• Marie Best says:

I knew there was more to the crocodile tears that were on display!!! If that is what happened, then yes, they deserved to be kicked out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• blacksheep says:

it wont be long David you and your kids will be the minority and what will your excuse be

• Nate says:

Things are really jacked up down south. This is unbelievable. Poor old white man, why does the world hate you so much?

9. John Taylor says:

Such HATE and RACISM coming from the Obama supporters.

10. Kim says:

attention seekers…I am going to play my TRUMP card tonight!!! Tennessee primary!!

11. Robert says:

This really makes no sense. Black people feel that they are to have EVERYTHING handed to them from the suffering that they have received. Slavery ended in 1865 with the ratification of the 13th Amendment. That’s 150 years ago, and unless you are 150 years or older, then what is owed to you? The Civil Rights movement ended in 1968, 48 years ago. Again, I ask…what is owed to you? Nothing. You weren’t a slave at any point in your life. You haven’t been held down, or persecuted at all in your life. So, nothing is OWED to you. You are afforded the same opportunities as I, and everyone else in America are. I have worked hard to get where I am. I came from a poor family, yet I found a way to go to college and earn my education and career. Yet, I see so many claiming that they are owed because their ancestors were oppressed and enslaved. How is claiming something that has not directly happened to you a valid argument for getting what you want? Racism will never die unless we move forward. You don’t see Obama crying racism every time one of his policies are rejected, or he doesn’t get his way. Obama didn’t nuke Iran when they weren’t complying with his demands claiming they didn’t like him because he was black, or saying, hey, I’m black…you owe me and needs to listen or I’ll nuke you up. He moves on and works harder to get what he wants accomplished. He leads by example, and not by crying foul every time something does not go his way. I guess all I am is saying is grow up and accept some responsibility in your lives and work hard for what you want and not depend on something that happened over 150 years ago. Everyone has the same chances as the other. Don’t believe me….look at our President. Then tell me that black people aren’t afforded the same chances. The few smart black people are overshadowed by the ignorant black people as evident by what has happened here. Black power is no different than White power claimed by the KKK. So keep on saying that you are fighting for a cause, when you are actually comparing yourself to a black version of the KKK. Just for knowledge, the KKK started out in similar fashion to that of The Black Panthers. Remember that the next time you claim Black Power lives.