Thomasville > Apartment Complex Catches Fire

| February 20, 2015

firefighters-shadow

THOMASVILLE — Multiple apartments in the Wood Valley Apartment complex caught on fire yesterday, Feb. 19 in Thomasville.

According to Thomasville firefighters, an 8-year-old boy ignited the fire by playing with a lighter. The boy caught a bed on fire while his mother was asleep.

Close to a dozen residents lost their homes in the fire.

According to a WALB report, “property Manager Erica Dukes Johnson said, ‘We knocked on doors, we got the parents and the children out, we got everybody out. Terrified, actually terrified.’”

The flames consumed the second floor of the unit and spread due to the cold weather and wind pushing the fire through the attic.

A total of 28 firefighters were at the scene and had the fire controlled within an hour.

No criminal charges have been filed and the Red Cross is currently helping to find the families temporary homes.

 

Milledgeville > Merger with Baldwin County Moves Closer
Ashburn > One Dead After Semi Truck Collision

About the Author:

Filed in: Local News, News
×

Comments are closed.