Rocky Ford Crash Kills Two

| September 4, 2014
140904 Rocky Ford CrashLOWNDES COUNTY — Two people were killed in a head on collision involving a PT Cruiser and an El Camino on Rocky Ford Road in Lowndes County Wednesday evening.

GSP responded to the call around 5:30 p.m. As of 8:30 p.m., GSP was still trying to piece together exactly what happened.  WALB reports Georgia State Patrol Corporal William West as stating, “Both vehicles were single occupant vehicles. Only information we have at this time is that it was a head on collision and both drivers of the vehicles are deceased.”

Both drivers did have to be extricated from their vehicles. West said it’s not clear what may have caused the crash, but weather could’ve been a factor.

“It was raining very heavily, so the weather conditions at the time were very limited visibility,” West stated. He said investigators would have to wait until the pavement on the road dries up in order to see any possible tire marks on the road that could indicate which vehicle may have crossed the center line of the road and caused the crash.

Late Wednesday night, the GSP identified the victims as 28 year-old Crispino Hernandez and 22 year-old Cody Morris, both of Valdosta. Rocky Ford Road was shut down for several hours while emergency crews worked to clear the wreck..

(Photo courtesy WCTV)
No Suspect in Custody related to Morven Shootings
Boyer Guilty on Fraud Charges

10 Comments on "Rocky Ford Crash Kills Two"

1. Bobbi Watson says:

My heart is breaking for these two families and their friends. Weather was probably a factor. We need to caution our loved ones, especially young drivers, about driving in the rain and on slick roads. We need to remember that we never know when will be our last chance to say I LOVE YOU. Don’t miss a chance.

2. jorge says:

Ni grande ni pequeno ni rico ni pobre estamos libres de la muerte pues si es q se puede llamar muerte porque la verdadera muerte es irse sin Jesucristo asi q esto nos sirve como leccion a todos los q viven para vivir en Cristo y morir en Cristo porq nadie esta libre de accidentes pero si podemos estar libres del infierno por medio de Jesucristo.Dios fortalesca a esta familia y les ayuda a superar esta tristeza porque Dios vino para q los hombres vivan con El y vivan en El.Dios ampare espiritualmente y fisicamente a esta familia entregando su amor y misericordia.mirad cual amor nos ha dado el Padre para q seamos llamados hijos de Dios por medio de Jesucristo.1 juan 3:1. Dios es amor juntemonos todos y oremos por esta familia.

3. dee says:

Sleep in peace Cody from your friends at Valdosta State University.

4. Bumble Bee says:

Maybe it was a third car their

5. grsljlkef says:

May they both rest in peace. I feel for the family and friends of both. Cody, you truly were a rare soul and know that there will never be anyone quite like you. I know that you’re smiling down on all of us now because you never stopped showing that amazing smile you had. I will cherish our memories forever. I love you friend.

6. Karen Yarbrough says:

Cody Morris I love you dearly! Thank you for being such an amazing friend to me!! You were a warm hearted person and always knew how to put a smile on someone’s face!! Keep an eye on my son up there. Love you! 9/3/14

7. Brollins says:

My heart breaks for the families and friends affected by this horrible tragedy. I didn’t know Cody personally but from the short amount of time I did get the opportunity to be in his presence, I can say he was such a sweet and respectful person. I am praying for both victims families and friends. May God give u the strength to make it thru.

8. Sue Lockwood says:

Cody was part of my extended family for about 9 years. My heart goes out to his family. Cody was such a good person and had a great personality. He will be miss very much by lots of people. Rest in peace Cody, You will be in the company of lots of good friends and please tell my little Makenna that her Great-grandmother loves her and you tell her all about us! Love you Son!

9. Joan Kellum says:

My cousin lost a wonderful grandson (Cody) and her daughter lost a wonderful son. I sit here with tears flowing because I know the pain they are bearing at this moment. My prayers and thoughts are with them.

10. Stephanie Reyes says:

May Crispino Hernandez aka Oscar Hernandez rest in peace! He was an amazing & sweet Christian indivual, I know you are now smiling down on many people! You will always be missed & I thank Jesus for allowing me to be a friend of 10 awesome years! We love & miss you:) ay nos vemos un día pronto! Cuídate mucho angelito:)