Nashville House Fire Takes Three Lives

| January 23, 2014

Fire Alarm NASHVILLE, GA – A house fire claimed the lives of three people in Nashville, Ga on Wednesday.

According to a news release from the Georgia Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner, fire investigators ruled that an accidental house fire had claimed the lives of three people and injured two. The fire happened around 3:25 a.m. at a house located at 634 Shepard Street, Nashville, GA.

Artero Garcia, 39, his stepson, Toby Hawkins, 18, and family friend Christopher Rowan, 17, died in the fire that destroyed the home. According to officials, the fire originated in the kitchen from unattended food that was left cooking. Kathy Garcia, 42, and Shay Catlett, 32 sustained smoke inhalation, and were transported to the the South Georgia Medical Center. Jay Hawkins, 20 escaped without any injuries.

Fire investigators were assisted in the investigation by the Nashville Police Department.

Source: WCTV

Lowndes County Board of Health Receives Healthcare Georgia Foundation Grant
Man Found Dead at Lake Park Welcome Center

About the Author:

Filed in: Local News, News
×

Comments are closed.