NASHVILLE, GA – A house fire claimed the lives of three people in Nashville, Ga on Wednesday.
According to a news release from the Georgia Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner, fire investigators ruled that an accidental house fire had claimed the lives of three people and injured two. The fire happened around 3:25 a.m. at a house located at 634 Shepard Street, Nashville, GA.
Artero Garcia, 39, his stepson, Toby Hawkins, 18, and family friend Christopher Rowan, 17, died in the fire that destroyed the home. According to officials, the fire originated in the kitchen from unattended food that was left cooking. Kathy Garcia, 42, and Shay Catlett, 32 sustained smoke inhalation, and were transported to the the South Georgia Medical Center. Jay Hawkins, 20 escaped without any injuries.
Fire investigators were assisted in the investigation by the Nashville Police Department.