19 Car Break-Ins Reported Across Valdosta

| September 10, 2013

car break inPolice are once again urging residents throughout the city to lock their car doors and keep anything of value either in the trunk or out of the car altogether.

Nineteen car break-ins were reported throughout the city of Valdosta over the weekend. Five were reported on Dellwood and Lakeview Drives alone, and officials believe they are connected.

As usual, most of the items stolen were phones, purses, and portable GPS units. Valdosta Police Lt. Aaron Kirk said of the five on Dellwood and Lakeview, none of those vehicles were locked.

No arrests have yet been made, although police are monitoring pawn shops to see if the missing items turn up.

Read more from WALB here.

19 Car Break-Ins Reported Across Valdosta

Senior Citizen Dies In Berrien County Wreck
State Supreme Court Upholds Conviction In 2006 Tifton Murder

Filed in: Local News

9 Comments on "19 Car Break-Ins Reported Across Valdosta"

1. Fed Up says:

Valuables inside the Home are not even safe. Home break ins are also rampant. Just check the daily police report. Time for some “Stand Your Ground”…Id say.

• Richard says:

It’s people like you who make us conservative gun-slingers look bad. YOu don’t have to run to your gun and kill anyone on sight when they break in. If your life is in danger, that is one thing, but there is no need to us e Stand Your Ground all the time to justify shooting someone.

• Danielle says:

Well said, Richard… just stand back and let them take whatever they want. After all, they aren’t hurting anyone.

• Adam says:

Richard,
        So, you’re saying that if someone breaks into my house, which indicates to me that they have no care for another person or their property, that I shouldn’t defend what I have worked so hard for? That’s only talking about the material things. If these people don’t care about breaking into a house, whether you’re there or not, then they won’t hesitate to hurt you or your family. If someone breaks into my house, I will not wait until they tell me whether or not they are going to hurt my daughter, son, or wife (or even my dog for that matter). I will shoot with a purpose.

• Nate says:

Well said

• Phil says:

I guess we’re supposed to stand idly by while our house is being robbed/ransacked and then leave it up to those persons to decide if they’re going to cause harm to us or our families?
          I think not. I agree with Adam 100%. If you come through my door with the sole purpose of robbing and/or causing harm to me,or my dogs, I will defend myself and my home.Nowadays people are not satisfied with just robbing you, they will kill you just because.

• Wise Fool says:

Yes, killing someone over a stereo is a great idea Copernicus!

2. erin says:

I read a post on the moody Valdosta buy sell trade page that an airmans home was broken into off base while he was on vacation and after everything of value was out they burned down the house. With people like that in the world if someone comes in my house to take my stuff, I’m getting my gun they get the choice to leave my house and have the cops hunt them down or try their luck against me and my gun.

3. erin says:

THEY have a choice if they live or die. I won’t shoot u for coming in but if u see my gun and choose not to get out ur telling me I need to defend myself my family and my property!