Three Brooks County HS Students Killed In Wreck

| July 9, 2013

shattered windshield 2Quitman, GA- Three Brooks County High School students have died following a Tuesday morning wreck near Quitman.  The teenagers were on their way to football practice at the high school when the accident occurred around 9:30am.

Seniors Jicarrie Watkins and Shawn Waters and Johnie Parker, a junior, were pronounced dead at the scene of the accident.

A fourth student, identified as Devron Whitfield, was taken from the scene by helicopter to Shands Gainesville and is listed in fair condition as of Wednesday morning.

Officials on scene said the driver lost control of the Ford Expedition, veered to the left, and struck a tree.

All four are listed as being football players for Brooks County.

Stay with WVGA and ValdostaToday.com as more details become available.

Share and Enjoy

Filed in: Local News

17 Comments on "Three Brooks County HS Students Killed In Wreck"

1. Kelinda says:

My prayers and thoughts goes out to the family, friends and this school district for their loss. May God be with each of you during this tragic accident. And Lord wrap your arms around Devron Whitfield and heal his body Lord. Amen

2. paul says:

I pray form there familys

3. Gloria Brantley says:

LORD HAVE MERCY ON THESE FAMILY.
    GIVE THE FAMILY STRENGTH TO DEAL WITH THIS TRAGIC. LORD WE KNOW EVERYTHING HAPPEN FOR A REASON..

4. Cherri says:

I am praying for the familes of the boys. God bless the famiy’s of the teens. I am praying for Devon to heal.

5. Angie says:

FATHER GOD, IN YOUR MIGHTY AND HOLY NAME I LIFT THESE FAMILIES OF THESE TEENAGERS. GIVE THEM YOUR PEACE, THE PEACE THAT SURPASSES ALL UNDERSTANDING. GIVE EVERYONE COMFORT IN THIS TIME OF NEED, THIS ISN’
    T JUST THEIR FAMILIES THAT ARE EFFECTED, IT’S THE WHOLE COMMUNITY.

6. Angela Cox says:

Lord, please be with their families and friends. Bring them comfort and peace.

7. Gwen Carter says:

In the Mighty Matchless Name of Jesus the Christ, we pray that Angels of Comfort surround the families and communities of these young men, and give them peace beyond all understanding.

8. Sonia says:

Praying for this young man and all the families and friends affected!

9. Theresa says:

Lift their names up high. Mighty Father comfort the families and friends. Family and Friends please know the hearts of many Texans are praying for you.

10. Nitra says:

Praying for all the families and friends on this tragic day. Bring them comfort and peace Lord. Also my prayers goes up for Devron Whitfield for a speedy recovery.

11. Cindy says:

I don’t know these family’s but my heart goes out to each one of y’all ..my thoughts and prayers to the families

12. Sommer Hickey says:

My heart goes out to the families, friends, fans, teammates, and community. You all will be in my heart, thoughts, and prayers.

13. Ronald Bryant says:

Our Heart felt prayre’s go out to the Familie’s of this Accident, We Love you all.

14. Julie says:

God bless the families of the children/Students. May the peace of God that surpasses all understanding guard the hearts and minds of these families. God Bless public education.

15. Steven glee says:

16. Steven glee says:

I’m so sorry, they are in a better place. To the family and friends of the 3 individual lost in the crash they have been called home by the master and now they have to work for him now in his holy place