Parents Of Kendrick Johnson Arrested At Thursday Protest

| April 25, 2013

Courthouse 1-1223Valdosta, GA-
A protest and demonstration at the Lowndes County Judicial Center ended with 7 arrests on Thursday afternoon, including the father and mother of 17-year old Kendrick Johnson.

One group of demonstrators, including Johnson’s father, Kenneth Johnson, was arrested after ‘purposely blocking’ the side entrance to the judicial center. Another group including Johnson’s mother, Jackie Johnson, was arrested inside the courtroom.

Witnesses said the demonstrators inside formed a ‘human chain’ and refused to let anyone into the judicial chambers itself. Lydia Whitlock, Barbara Jones, Keisha Moore, Anastasia Roe, and Tesha Marshall were also arrested. All seven were charged with misdemeanor interference of government property.

The group apparently had called the Lowndes County Sheriff’s Office prior to today’s events to give the sheriff’s office advance warning that such a demonstration would take place.

Video of the arrests inside the courthouse can be found here.

Share and Enjoy

Filed in: Local News

129 Comments on "Parents Of Kendrick Johnson Arrested At Thursday Protest"

1. Jacob Fox says:

Good maybe I can go downtown and not have to deal with a circus. Maybe now they will be forced to leave.

• Antoine says:

What if it was your child what would you do?? Stupid comments like that get you hurt! What kind a crap is that to say? Pure ignorance!

• unknown says:

TO ANTOINE…YOU SHOULDN’T SAY SOMEONE WILL GET HURT FOR THEIR COMMENT!!! THAT’S SAYING YOU WOULD MURDER/KILL SOMEONE. IF THERE WAS FOUL PLAY OR MURDER TO KENDRICK, THEN THAT WAS WRONG!! WHAT IF HE MADE A COMMENT TO SOMEONE OR RUBBED THEM THE WRONG WAY TO THE POINT IT TOOK HIS LIFE. SO TO YOUR REPLY DON’T SAY THINGS LIKE SOMEONE WILL GET HURT FOR WHAT THEY COMMENT. YOUR REPLY BASICALLY SAYS YOU CAN’T VOICE YOUR OPINION OR ELSE SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES. IS THAT WHAT WE ARE TO TEACH OUR CHILDREN???

• Antoine says:

And my question is to you “unknown” what if it was your child?? I never said he couldn’t state how he felt my thing is this thats wrong to even say that in such a time like this….. seriously tho and why are you anonymous? 1st of all they wouldn’t even let his parents see him! 2nd they saying there is no foul play… have you seen his face! Truly another emmitt till case! Now t

• Antoine says:

Now wouldn’t you want answers if he was yours by any means necessary!?

• Unknown says:

@Antoine I am a mother and I have ALOT of sympathy for Kendrick’s family and I would however want answers/justice if something happened to my child as well. I SIGNED the petition with my name because that’s something i agree with. If you read what you first wrote and my reply was to it, I never stated anything about kendrick’s case but that you didn’t need to say what you said. In your OWN words said the guy shouldn’t say stupid comments or someone would get hurt. You shouldn’t have said someone will get hurt because someone already has, a young man’s life. I myself take that as a threat. Everyone is entitled to their opinions even if they’re ridiculous or ignorant or selfish as what the guy said in his comment. This country is still freedom of speech but we shouldn’t dwell on those comments of those who speak ignorantly. We have to IGNORE people like that and move on. You as a human being knows that people say things they shouldn’t during any kind of situation. I’m anonymous because I CHOOSE to be. If that bothers you well that’s not problem nor should it be yours. I’m not trying to start any arguments, I just simply wanted to let you know that how your response came across to me and I’m sure others. I continue to pray for Kendrick’s family everyday!!!

• sheka cleary says:

One question, what if that was your child? I know I would want answers too! My prayers go out to them all….

• Jo says:

There has been answers. He was found to have died accidentally. CASE CLOSED, but no, everybody has to run around screaming about RACE, which has NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

• Dee says:

Jo you are so dumb. Prine said foul play was ruled out, but didn’t you see his face? Even the coroner said it was wrong, so now what do you have to say about that?

• Triumph says:

Isn’t it amazing how Chris Prime (who has no medical expertise) rules out foul play at the scene without applying the sciences. Not only that, but it only took him a few hours to do so. However, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation has taken over 90 days… and are still stumped as to whether foul play and/or a cover up happened. Breaking News: WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR THE STATE OF GEORGIA AND ITS RESOURCES TO EITHER CONFIRM OR DENY IF FOUL PLAY TOOK PLACE. And if this family hadn’t been passionate then I doubt it would’ve escalated to the state investigators and the state of Georgia’s resources. To be continued…

• All the evidence is missing and/or tampered with.. The paramedics called it a crime scene. The only thing left is a video with disappearing and appearing, out of nowhere people. Have not heard of any classmates speaking out one way or the other. The conspiracy case is open in the eyes of those who can see.

• Ebony Thomas says:

Jamie Fox how is it a circus when they protesting for answers about their son some ppl.are so inconsiderate if it were your child brother nephew you would want answers too.and is far from over I AM WE ARE KENDRICK JOHNSON

• a says:

that’s right ebony. you spoke the truth. JUSTICE FOR KJ. I AM, WE ARE KENDRICK JOHNSON!! if he were white the case would’ve been solved by now. but he’s black, ” no foul play” was suspected. how does he beat himself that way and then places himself in wrestling mats? that’s bull and racist valdosta knows this.

• f says:

Perhaps you need to research what cadavers look like after a bit of time.

No one evoked race until you people came on the scene.

• a says:

” you people”

wow “f” must stand for fool because that’s what you are. justice will be served for kj!

• Ok, do tell, f. How long does it take a body to stand upside down before body fluids begin to ooze out from it. Why is there blood on the wall on the extra shoes and the clothes. Why was the floor changed. Why are the clothes missing.The paramedics determined the area a crime scene. Why did the sheriff’s daughter leave town. Why did they murder some one’s child in 2013. An independent autopsy report shows that this child was beaten at school. He had a fight with someone a couple of days before his murder. He asked his mom if he could stay home from school that day. Why was the video altered. Who lured him into the gym? How did his shoes get on top of him. To your average hillbilly, this is over. To his mother, it is on.

• unknown says:

WHY DOES IT ALWAYS HAVE TO BE ABOUT RACE???? IS THAT WHAT OUR COUNTRY HAS COME TO. THAT IF SOMETHING HAPPENS TO A WHITE PERSON A BLACK DID IT AND IF SOMETHING HAPPENS TO A BLACK A WHITE PERSON DID IT. HELLO PEOPLE THERE ARE GANGS THAT KILL EACH OTHER OF THE SAME FREAKING RACE!!! GET OVER THE DANG RACIST CRAP!!!! WERE YOU THERE WHEN KENDRICK DIED? DID YOU SEE THAT IT WAS A WHITE PERSON? NO YOU DID NOT SO DON’T POINT FINGERS UNTIL THE TRUTH COMES OUT!!!

• a says:

@ unknown, no one said anything about it being a white person that did this. I said if he were white the case would’ve been solved by now. since he’s black, they want to sweep it under the rug. get it right for what I said.

• Unknown says:

@a below my comment…READ ALL the posts, how it’s ALL about race. I was stating a fact and simply saying that if we as Americans/human beings need to put race behind us. We live in a county where it’s about money and who you know. The family should go above the sheriff’s office and this county. Write letters to upper authority, senators offices, the mayor, the governor and even higher. Write letters to those that are famous that would help a family they don’t know seek justice. Apparently they’re getting no where here so go above and beyond!!

• Lisa James says:

No one is pointing fingers, but the issue is that blacks have taken soooo much for soooo long in this county. The fact that child has been killed is clear. I have white friends saying the same. Foul play!!! The way it was handled was not right and I feel it would have been handled different if it was a white child. Also your community would take a sheriff calling shots with no scientific evidence. Thanks for your concern and others who think like you.

• It has been about race every since the slave ships docked. We need to be more diligent about voting and teaching our own children who their greatest enemy is next to the NRA. It’s always about a girl. Ask the sheriff’s daughter.

• Elicia says:

We are all not racist!! I am a white mother of one son. I honk my horn every time I go through downtown Valdosta for Kendrick! Please do not think all white people are bad. I also work as a home health care nurse, and my patient is a 21 year old black male, that is in a coma state for life. I love that boy like my own son!! His mother is black and one of my best friends!!! You have to over look the stupid white people we are NOT all like them! God bless the Johnson Family, and peace be with them!

• tootsie says:

I can’t believe how disrespectful you are…. are you serious? Their child was murdered and our so called “protectors of peace” are covering it up!
      I would do whatever it takes to find my child’s killer, wouldn’t you? I for one salute them. I pray they get the justice they are looking for.

• Alicia says:

It’s comments like those that allow the authorities to think it’s ok to keep killing off our race. What if it was your child, how would you feel… Straight ignorant may God have mercy on your soul. Just go to show racism is still alive.

• Jo says:

NOTHING about the comment was related to race. You are an ignorant fool.

• GladtobeGone says:

Authorities are killing your race? That’s a bit paranoid! The last time I checked, blacks kill a lot more blacks than whites (or any other race for that matter) do. Your comment is more racist than many others posted. Remember, racism goes both ways. I am so glad to have moved from Valdosta, where racism is rampant on both sides, to now live in a place where the race card isn’t played every day.

• Is blacks killing black relevant to the Kendrick Case. Who knows who killed him. Why do you feel it was an Irish or a German or mixture there of that killed KJ? Because no one has been arrested. Whites killed every Indian that they could find after being evicted from Europe. To your type person, hat too is lawful, case closed. You do not have to feel empathy for this child or even your child. The mother in this case cares. She is devastated that her baby ask permission to stay home from school on the day he was murdered. She said no. What do you call the civil war fought to enable 1 human to lynch another among other improprieties that for you/your type personality are over. On the other hand many whites stood up for what was right. Those who choose not to are the minority, but the most vocal.

• Desiree says:

You are a sick and devilish person who oozes out ignorance.

• Dee says:

Jacob, you are one stupid idiot of a person. Are you even human?!

• Eglesias says:

Really, what if that was your child or children!!!

• Elicia says:

What if that was your child that was killed ??? You would want answers too!! Have a kind heart, and understanding for this family. They are healing from a rude, and unjust death.

• Jacob Fox says:

First of all I raise my children not to get into stupid situations and also to pay for a locker.

• A Useless death, I agree Elicia. Also, I add, as a community we agree to follow and to abide by the laws of the land. School is mandatory, even if their is nothing to learn there. Kendrick was abiding by all laws, therefore, In exchange for our abiding by laws that mostly land on top of us, It is then upon the policy of the state to protect the life of every citizen and seek the most appropriate ways to provide the basic needs for its people. If we don’t fight for our children, they will be no more. The state is failing to protect children, no matter who the murderer happens to be.

• JayB says:

Jacob bruh come on now you have got to have some respect man. If it was your family you would be right out there with them protesting. Put yourself in their shoes….and use your head before you make comments like you just did. I show love anytime I see the family downtown much love respect and prayers to them God knows the truth and it will come out eventually WE ARE KJ!!!!!

• ms.me says:

You are very disrespectful you had time to post this comment.The only reason you would be downtown valdosta is two pay bills try online for bill paying instead of posting ignorant comments.God bless u too!!!

• craig says:

Jacob Fox you need to stay in your place what if it was your child or grand child STUPID!!!!!!

• Amy Commander says:

I think if that was your family, brother, son, friend, you wouldn’t think it was a circus!

• k says:

So ignorant!!!!!!

2. Tenishia Cobb says:

@Jacob while so quick to speak u better remember it could have been your son,brother or nephew smh no lack of respect for the family & what they got to thought everyday

3. nay says:

Really that’s how u feel wat if it was your child or brother or sister smh at ignorant Americans.

4. Tiffany Anderson says:

@Jacob u full of it r u serious they want answers for their teenage son who didn’t deserve what happened to him. Do u have kids? What would u do. Justice needs to b served n questions need to b answered. Free the Johnsons

5. Desiree says:

And comments like that speaks for all of Lowndes county and the prejudice pale chickens that inhabit Valdosta. Some caucasians are so caught up in thinking blacks are negative and wrong that they are even failing to realize that this is a dead child they are mocking and saying such harsh things about. Curse them…..We will have justice whether pale faced idiots like it or not!

• Jo says:

This comment is more racist than the original. You are racist against whites, plain and simple. Open your eyes.

• Dee says:

Jo you need to open your eyes if you saw that picture and think KJ wasn’t murdered!!

• GladtobeGone says:

You do know that blood pools and bruises in a body within hours after death, right? Try researching “livor mortis” and become educated on the subject instead of getting caught up in the emotion of the case. The GBI is always behind schedule, white or black. This case was already getting plenty of attention without the protesters interfering with the daily work of those at the courthouse, it was kind of unnecessary.

• Desiree made her point and point taken. When people start to attack how you say something, it is usually because something important is being said. Your feelings should be in your pocket. You are so sensitive to what you here and a child is dead. How, Jo does that compare. Think about criticising the way someone speaks. It shows weakness in you argument, I so agree with Desiree and I am so glad she said what she said. She at least has a heart and that shows, Jo. like Desiree said Jo a child is dead.You can not come out of yourself long enough to know that is the issue here. What’s up with that Jo. Desiree id right. The words are just words until you get the point.Do you Jo? Do you get the point. I thought so,

6. Delicious says:

wow really ppl so stupid if it was a white student that was killed o u better believe the killer would be found… the nerve of ppl like jacob u need to keep ya racial comments to ur damn self

• Jo says:

Racist.

• Jersey says:

Jo you are literally sick in your mind these people want answers for their child. I am guessing that you do not have a child. So just to let you know KEMDRICK JOHNSON WAS MURDERED no matter how much this city denies it. So I cast that ignorant demon out your mind right now and ask that God take over because there will be justice and peace. You should be ashame you do not knock how these people feel. I am behind the family 1000 % #iamkendrickjohnson

• Amy Commander says:

No I don’t think it has to be white, my husband was murdered the same week and we have been treated the same way, disrespected!

7. SHELVA JOHNSON says:

In Mr. Jacobs Defense…he is entitled to his opinion. Sarcastically speaking!!!! It is people like him and his blatant disrepectfullness and lack of compassion and sympathy that makes this MOVEMENT FOR KJ necessary!!!! The parents need, want and deserve to know WHO, HOW AND WHY KILLED THEIR CHILD!!! The citizens deserve to see just how covert and dishonest the officials have been towards this family in the investigation of this case!!!!

8. Lisa James says:

Just plain stupid and ignorance,this couldn’t be the other way around, justice would have been served if Chris’s son was found dead every law agency would be investigating it.But no the family is basically supposed to accept the fact that they are being called stupid to their face and in writing. And no KJ supporters will still be there to support the KJ Movement.

9. K Walker says:

The constitution in this country gives us the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Liberty provides us with a broad range of expressions in freedom of religion as well as freedom of speech. It is this liberty that grants all parties(whether you agree or not) the opportunity to demand, speak and protest. Those are rights granted by the founders and molders of this country. However, at some point human decency, dignity and respect should prevail in the daily expressions of our interactions with other hunan beings. For example it is human decency to respect loved ones that have experienced tragedy. Human decency says that whether you agree or not a family that is looking for answers for the loss of a loved one should not be diminished to a”circus” just because one disagrees or is made uncomfortable by what they see. Unfortunately moments like this do not mean much to those that lack human decency until the weight of tragedy is at their doorstep. To say that the family should be force to leave is to say that ohe should not have a right to express an opinion. So perhaps one should rethink how quickly we want to snatch another’s rights because by doing so you in effect snatch your own rights.

• Morresia says:

Well said K Walker, right now the Johnson’s want answers about their child. People are going to form their own opinions but the family need justice. If people saw the pictures of that child after he was found in that gym knows there was definitely some FOUL PLAY!!! Let’s just pray more for the family, they really need it now more than ever.

• GladtobeGone says:

Google “livor mortis”. Case closed.

• They pulled his dreads out once they had a hold of his dreads, they were not going to let him go. They killed him because they were jealous sociopaths. That is not change by what your sheriff john says. If he is senile. If they are all senile hillbillies, sticking together they all must go. The national guard there are obligated to protect the citizens from a law enforcement operation that murders the community. This ia war and war sucks.

10. Eoh Aggin says:

If we are going to discuss race, someone I know in the group of people who are heavily involved in the protest noted that we need a black Sheriff. Crazy, huh? All people want to do is make the whites look bad, but last time I checked, the worst parts of the city in terms of quality, violence, and economics, are all heavily black populated. If anyone has anything against the black people in this area, the black people have done that to themselves. I am half black (mother is white, and dad is black) and I can’t stand my dad’s family. They are much poorer, are immature, and two of the family members have been arrested with gang violence. I personally hate emotional tensions between whites and blacks. But, if we look at the numbers, the black people in this area are just horrible. I can’t even go into Walmart because it is much more dense with black people. If you go to a Publix, Target, or Winn-dixie, it is generally more peaceful. It can’t be a coincidence that those places don’t have as many blacks. You can’t just go crazy and block governmental employees from doing their job. They deserved to be arrested.

11. Anon says:

Why does it always go straight to race when something happens to anyone who isn’t white. I feel sorry for the family and the loss of a member of that family. I don’t know any of them but I feel like KJ would not like how all of you are making it about the color of his skin and not the fact that he was wronged as a human being. Human rights are just that, rights that a human being has regardless of skin color or ethnicity. Think about what MLK would say. He would want everyone to join the family EQUALLY in this and stop bickering about black and white.

• Dee says:

Anon, you know as well as we do that this is a racial issue, stop acting like you don’t know that!!

• Anon says:

The only reason race is involved is because of people like most here throwing it in the ring. I heard an interview with his mother and from what was reported she was stated saying how she did not want it tied to race but that she wanted justice for her son. Making this a race issue will not bring about justice but continue to cloud the water and make the truth more obscure.

• T says:

@DEE MY QUESTIONS FOR YOU IS WERE YOU THERE WHEN KENDRICK DIED? DID YOU SEE THAT IT WAS A “WHITE” PERSON? NO I BELIEVE YOU DIDN’T SO STOP WITH THE RACIST STUFF. I UNDERSTAND COMPLETELY THAT THE FAMILY WANTS JUSTICE AND TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO THEIR SON AS I WOULD IF IT HAPPENED TO MY DAUGHTER. WE CAN’T POINT FINGERS UNTIL WE SEEK THE TRUTH. EVERYONE HAS SOME IGNORANCE TO THEM BLACK OR WHITE!! THAT DOESN’T MEAN THAT THEY SPEAK FOR ALL OF THEIR RACE AND IT DOESN’T MEAN THAT IF THEY’RE RACIST THEN THEIR WHOLE IS RACE IS RACIST. EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OPINIONS AS RIDICULOUS AS SOME MAY SOUND. WE HAVE TO IGNORE THOSE. I’M WHITE AND I BELIEVE THERE WAS SOMETHING MORE TO KENDRICK’S DEATH BUT YET I’M NOT SAYING THAT IF SOMETHING DID THAT THE PERSON WAS WHITE. THEY MAY HAVE BEEN BLACK, HISPANIC, ASIAN OR ETC. THERE ARE GANGS EVERY WHERE IN THIS COUNTRY THAT KILL THE SAME RACE AS THEM. IF WE CONTINUE TO THINK EVERYONE IS RACIST AND KEEP THAT CONTINUING IN OUR EVERYDAY LIFE WHAT DOES THAT TELL OUR CHILDREN? I WAS FRIENDS WITH A NUMBER OF BLACKS THROUGH OUT SCHOOL AND STILL IN MY ADULT LIFE. I WAS CLOSE TO SEVERAL AS IF THEY WERE MY OWN BLOOD RELATIVE. I WISH WE LIVED IN A WORLD THAT DIDN’T HAVE SO MUCH HATE OR RACISM. IT’S PURE RIDICULOUS TO POINT FINGERS AND NAME CALL. EVERY GENERATION OF OUR CHILDREN AND THEIR CHILDREN AND SO ON WILL ONLY GET WORSE IF WE AS ADULTS OF EACH RACE DON’T CHANGE IT NOW. I PRAY EVERYDAY THAT WE AS PEOPLE OF ALL COLOR SOON BECOME ONE AS A GREAT NATION. WE CAN’T DO THAT IF WE KEEP BRINGING RACISM INTO THE SITUATION. I WILL CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR KENDRICK’S FAMILY AND THAT THEY WILL FIND PEACE IN HIS DEATH.

• Lisa James says:

True

• No one said anything about his skin colour, it helps you to say that and to point it out so that you will not see that someone trusted the school to keep them safe and they ailed and are intent on making it seem like nothing ever happened. That is more than race it is the behaviour of the Sociopath amid us. in our society, licensed to protect and to serve the people not to kill them like they would not do to an animal. Only a sociopath could defend this act. We will never let it go. Even Black people can ascertain what is evil and what is not closed.

12. jessie says:

Chris don’t have a son he only have a daughter

13. Jacob Fox says:

Its ok Antoine, Sheka, tootsie, ebony, tenisha, Desiree, delicious, Nay, and shelva… We all expected you to play your race cards! It’s all you’ve been brainwashed by the man to pull it out and use it any opportune time…

I threw my race card away and started thinking for myself years ago when I became educated. Try it. Treat yourself as a person and not a color.

• tootsie says:

First off all, I’m white! Second of all it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to so that the young man was beaten. I never said anything racist and nor will i… I’m just saying something isn’t quite right, and if it were your family member i would be behind you 100 percent. Right is right.

• So you bring it up because you are intelligent or because you have nothing to add? An intelligent person doesn’t have to tell another that they are intelligent. You sound stupid. Get your financial aid back. It is wasted on you.

14. nelshell says:

Eoh Aggins I bet you look just about as stupid as your comment! Maybe more! And to Jacob you’re the one that made the racist comment in the first place. This is a family seeking justice for their 17 yr old son whom was brutally murdered! And the ignorance of such individuals as yourself & Eho is unnecessary, distasteful, unwarranted, inconsiderate, & downright disrespectful!! Its ppl like you two that make the world such a horrible place. Not blacks! And plz don’t make me school you Ms. Eho on how wonderful our black heritage that you hate so much is! Ya know there’s a fine line between ignorance & stupidity so I’ll try & refrain from calling you two stupid but boy oh boy… WHAT A FINE FINE LINE IT IS!!

• f says:

Is it RACIST that the FACTs are that blacks commit more crime in every demographic? That areas with the highest percentage of blacks have the highest number of rapes, murders, thefts, etc.?

You all need to stop screaming about RACE and look for who among you might have done it. Or just accept that ACCIDENTS HAPPEN.

• Dee says:

F, you must have been in an accident and bumped your head if you believe that crap. What color are “most” rapist and serial killers, mass murderers, huh?!!

• Lisa James says:

The crime is someone whos in the position of power who was chosen to represent our city justice department HAS abused his authority for whatever reason.Valdosta has plenty years of history where people in “power” (normally white) abuse it.And since u wanna talk about crime why isnt their programs to help better our youth?Bc reading comments like yours make our race wanna act up.Its sad that the white people that are supporting KJs movement are the minority.black whites asias mexicans and all should be supporting,that was a public school it could of been anyones child.

• MEKA says:

HOW CAN YOU SIT HERE AND SAY “BLACK PEOPLE” COMMIT THE MOST CRIMES? TAKE A LOOK BACK AT YOUR HISTORY AND YOU WILL “REALLY” SEE WHO COMMITTED THE MOST CRIMES. YOU SOUND SOOOO FREAKING STUPID. ONE THING FOR SURE, BLACK PEOPLE DO NOT AND I REPEAT DO NOT COMMIT ‘HATE CRIMES”!!!

• Tay says:

Meka I understand your concern and I hate that Kendrick’s family is going through this but in all reality all races commit “hate crimes”. Look at all the different gangs of all races. They kill one another and others to be able to get into the gang. That is hate crimes to me. We should all as human beings and parents start teaching our children that its not right. Everyone should be treated as an equal yet we live in a world/country that keeps a circle going of hate. It saddens my heart to know that my lil girl is growing up in a world that is like this. If we start coming together now and start ignoring those who want to hate on other races we will eventually become stronger plus out number those who don’t agree. God made us all and he will in the end have the final say. I hope I didn’t offend you in anything I said if I did, I apologize for I’m not intending to.

• So, your point is, in relation toKendrick or you don’t have one. Here’s one. Let Democracy win for bi-partisan reasons. While first graders get suspended for making a finger gun at Westside Park Elementary School in Adelanto CA. Sadly, Kendrick Johnson – was found stuffed in a gym matt by Haters and there have been no arrest for his lynching. A photo taken after the autopsy showed that the once-healthy happy child, now barely recognisable.

15. esha g says:

Standing up for what’s right all the name calling is not needed how can a human being even rest at night knowing they have done this to some one . I’M going to stand every time I can with this family they have to live day by day knowing for a fact they child gone n the bad point is people like these red necks know but hiding the truth and all this inside work but I pray for each n everyone everyday

16. JHart says:

Man this is really bad for my hometown. But Jacob to say you were educated or should I quote you “Became educated” and threw your race card away is very applausable. But to say such harsh words as to call there right to free speech says different ,espeacially by calling it a circus. There are many routes to avoid going downtown if u feel that way we are all entitled to our own opinion but dont be disrespectful towards the KJ movement they only want answers. And @ Eoh you are very right our neighborhoods do have crime and our stores are diffrent but u know what your mom must have liked it well enough to conceive u with a black man. Its not a race thing its a whats right for JUSTICE thing. Eoh you can hate your dads family but in the same you hate yourself. They are a part of you no matter what.

• Rosalyn says:

I was thinking the same thing (SELF HATE, you can not judge all races by a few people, not all black people are going to jail or committing crimes; I am a black person and my family are educators, but I don’t think I’m better than black people or any other race because of that. SELF HATE is worse than another race hating you.

• Here is something to always remember and why Johnson actually began the war on poverty after he made a trip to Appalachia, he surmised: “If you can convince the lowest white man he’s better than the best colored man, he won’t notice you’re picking his pocket. Hell, give him someone to look down on and he’ll empty his pockets for you.” Lyndon Johnson 1960 This is why we are stuck with the so-called law enfacement that tortures our days and night and those of our children. Why poor and middle class republicans vote against their own interests, kendrick was killed because he was feared for his greatness. He was gifted, they could not afford to let him live. How then would they exclaim we are the master race and the other lies they suit them selves with. Honestly we all as a people are great as Kendrick was, that is how we come to be here on this land in this situation always someone putting an undeserved foot on our throat; barred and so restricted from meeting our own most basic needs at the expense of our loved ones.

• GladtobeGone says:

The “circus” started when they purposefully blocked people from gaining access to parts of the building so that they may do the jobs they are paid to do in serving this community. I don’t think Jacob minded their presence when peaceful.

17. Rosalyn says:

It’s a sick thing that a person can’t see beyond color to understand the grief these people are going through. A child is a child no matter what color they are; I have been in the situation where my child was killed and needed answers. it is very frustrating needing to know what happened to your child or any loved one. NO MATTER WHAT ANYBODY SAYS RACISM IS ALIVE AND WELL

18. Brooke says:

If it was a cracker they wouldve found out wat happened da same day. its funny they can lock up da parents but say nothing was done to the kid kj..someone know what happened and i hope it drive them damn crazy… how can someone get into a rolled up mat without it falling or opening out?? IMPOSSIBLE

19. Devo says:

This is what we call injustice . This is not a black or white thing ,this is about justice for a child. I cannot say that I feel the family’s pain. This is where we all should come together regardless of race to bring justice for this family and to the city of Valdosta

20. No'one Special says:

When the coroner of lowndes co. Went to the Daily Times and reported that this investigation was mishandled, and that in fact, He wasn’t called immediately after the body was discovered ( which is state law to do so), How can you continue to believe this was an accident? Fact : He wasn’t found in a rolled up mat, they we’re on top of him. Fact : His body was found less than 24 hrs. After his death, barely nothing happens to a cadaver that’s not exposed to the elements of nature ( outside). Fact : Prine Declared No Foul Play before an official autopsy. AND BEFORE HE LET THE PARENTS VIEW THEIR SON’S BODY. SEEMS TO ME, THE SHERIFF’S OFFICE CAME UP WITH WHAT DIDN’T HAPPEN BEFORE THEY INVESTIGATED WHAT COULD’VE HAPPEN. NEVER ALLOWED THE PARENTS TO ID THEIR BELOVED SON TILL OVER 72hrs. Why haven’t Lowndes High sent their condolences to the family, its been over 90 days……….what are THEY HIDING?
    DOES THIS SOUND OPEN AND SHUT ACCIDENTAL TO ANY OF YOU, BLACK OR WHITE?

21. Kee says:

I’m sure we can all agree that lots of ppl no matter their race could care less because its not their kid!! A lot if black ppl are looking at it as a black thing for all black to just stand together and a lot of white ppl think its just blacks vs whites!!! All these parents want is the truth about their kid!!! When everyone can understand that then maybe there will be smarter comments on here!! And in case some of u have not been paying attn to the news Chris Prine broke a lot if laws when it comes to this case so I doubt he even gave the GBI the right evidence!!!

22. Voice of Reason says:

I support Chris Prine and the rest of our constitutional officers!

Maybe these people should find something to do besides protest like maybe GET A JOB. That’s what I’M doing at 2:30 in the afternoon!

I had a little respect for them until they did this today at the courthouse. If you have something to take up with Chris Prine maybe go protest at the sheriff’s office?? I mean, that IS where Chris Prine is. He’s not going to be at the courthouse where the level-headed people of Lowndes County conduct daily business. But maybe they can’t go to the sheriff’s office with the thugs cause that’s half of their following!

SHAME ON YALL

When something of this magnitude happens in life it is very hard to understand and comprehend. This is why people come up with elaborate stories to blanket their mind of what really happened!! No one wants to think a child simply fell into a mat. This is why these people are coming up with anyone they can blame this on because they don’t want to live with what really happened.

When this blows over and it is revealed to be an accident I hope they issue a public apology. I know they won’t. They’ll just find someone else to blame it on!! Not everyone is “out to get you”!!!

I’m sick and tired of it!

• Truth says:

Good point because we all know the best way to solve this is to stand in front of the court house and prevent people from doing their job…. You guys are so quick to pull the race card….. hell none of us really know what happened except the kid. So face it we wont know what really happened, so why dwell on it, accept the fact that he’s gone and move on…. the truth will reveal itself without any of your help.

• tootsie says:

Is this what the world is coming to? Where is the compassion? I am sorry that you feel this way… but until you have walked a mile in the family’s shoes you can not tell them to simply get over it. They are hurt as we all should be as a community. I just know that I would not give up on justice if it were my family member. We do not know all the facts, I give you that, but as a intelligent human being we can not let others opinions of certain people cloud our better judgement. We have to stand for what is right. Not because of who people are but because of who we are. Are you going lay your head down tonight and really be at peace with yourself? I know couldn’t if my words have inflicted pain on anyone just because we don’t see eye to eye. God help us if this is the best we can do.

• Tay says:

I agree with you “voice of reason” that they should protest at the Sheriff’s office. Sit and stand at Chris Prine’s parking spot. I understand the family wants justice and too many things on here are being directed to racism, which will always happen, but to do what they did today at the courthouse was NOT the right way to go about it. No one at the courthouse has anything to do with the case. I just keep seeing everyone commenting against Prine, so go to HIS workplace. How about writing letters to the state? Write letters to people above the sheriff’s office. Think outside the box but don’t go putting yourself in jail. You can’t get justice for you son if you’re in jail.

• nelshell says:

Im really wondering if you were drunk when you made that comment because that would explain why you sound so stupid! But for some reason I know you were fully sober. That’s the sad part! So let me ask you a question? Do you really believe that ppl should believe the sheriff who has no medical training to the first over an coroner who does thus for a living & has for well over 30 yrs?? You’re funny! Very funny!

• fwiw says:

“these people”
      “GET A JOB”
      “thugs cause that’s half their following”

Is your problem really with the protesters? It sounds as if your problem is with an entire race, and that is a heart problem, your shame. Why jump into this family’s unresolved grief with your issue?

• MEKA says:

YOU MUST BE SOME KIN TO THE KILLER(S) B/C YOU SURE ARE TAKING UP FOR THEM??? STOP IT WITH THE NEGATIVITY AND HAVE A LIL COMPASSION!

• What can we do to protect our children? Tell that; or keep your unsolicited advice for a more pertinent subject. Research the 39 % of Whites on welfare along with 39.8 % of blacks, that make up the total of 4% in this country, in the USA, if that is where you live and you speak on it. The sheriff is not paid to kill innocent children and needs to get a new job as an GA Dept Corrections Prison Inmate mopping floors or getting them stuck up his butt like he is accustomed to doing to prisoners in his care.

23. ashly says:

It’s not about race. Its about finding some sort of peace of mind when people tell you no foul play was done when your heart and mind, as a parent tell you different. When common sense tells you there is no possible way he put himself where they found him. There are a lot of unexplained so called facts in this case. If it was my child i can’t say for sure what i wouldn’t do to let my voice be heard and find justice.

24. Voice of Reason says:

the coroner is a double cheeseburger away from a heart attack!! he is far from the “professional” you all think he is!!

OF course, you can’t say anything here without being “ignorant,” “Racist,” “drunk,” “stupid,” or “non-compassionate” so I will leave it at that!

oh by the way, counter-protest tomorrow in support of chris prine at the courthouse!! we can’t be silent anymore!!

25. Seriously says:

He was found in a mat. They actually had 2 men around the same size as him gt into it to show that it was possible, had he been on top of the mats they would have found him sooner. You say it’s impossible to for a body to fit in a may, I say it’s impossible for a body to be laying on too of a may and no one see it until the next day, don’t call ignorance on someone else until you check yourself. That being said my prayers are with the family. Accidents happen. And for the woman saying the sheriff has no coroner training, you all have neither coroner training nor sheriff training. Ignorance at its finest.

• He was a toddler sound like to me if he did that. Actually Kendrick’s lifeless body was found on January 11, 2013 in a rolled up gym mat in his HS in Valdosta, GA with his shoes on top of him.

26. ms.me says:

You know I am a mother of two loving children.And this mother deserves answers.If.you.can’t give support don’t comment.This is bigger than what.race this child was.Respect the family put yourself in Ms. Jackie’s shoes take the time to thank about if it were your child.May god bless the family and I pray that god puts his arms around you and give you peace.!!!!!!

27. supporting people kids says:

Have anyone ever did an report on Emmett till maybe not because he was black also…..I hate to say its a race situation but the wilkins boy just went missing and they searched through hills and high waters…..and what about the boy who drowned in the lake in lake park….just strange they closed his case. if it was my child I would do the same thing so people who are being ignorant about someone child use another entrance to get in the courthouse. I would march, rant rave and do whatever to get justice for my child…..

28. blackcherry07 says:

I TAKE MY HAT OFF TO THE JOHNSON FAMILY FOR STANDING UP FOR WHATS RIGHT.NOBODIES CHILD DESERVE TO GO THROUGH WHAT THEIR CHILD DID,KJ DIDNT DESERVE TO LEAVE THIS EARTH THE WAY HE DID AND HE LEFT TOO SOON BECAUSE SOMEONE OR SOMEBODIES TOOK HIS LIFE WHICH WAS BULL…SO TO ALL THATS ON HERE TALKIN NEGATIVE,HOW BOUT YALL PUT YOURSELF IN MRS.JACKIE AND MR.MIKE SHOES AND SEE HOW IT FEEL NOT BEING ABLE TO REST AT NITE KNOWIN THEIR CHILD KILLER IS STILL ON THE LOOSE DOIN WHATEVER THEY WANNA DO,INSTEAD OF U NEGATIVE PPL ON HERE TALKIN BAD BOUT THEM HOW BOUT YALL COME TOGETHER AND HELP THEM,CAUSE IT COULD OF BEEN YOUR CHILD,SO THINK TWICE BEFORE U OPEN YA MOUTH AND HAVE SOMETHING NEGATIVE TO SAY BOUT THEM……CAUSE AT THE END OF THE DAY,I AM KJ AND PROUD TO SAY IT WIT NO WORRIES….TEAM KJ ON THE END

29. smoothghee says:

i feel that people who dnt have anything good to say should just not comment .this family has gone through enough and need peace.so all the negetive comments are mind blowing and uncaused for.much love to the family my prayers go out to them.

30. Wyteboi Tony says:

There has BEEN NO CONCLUSION of the autopsy after 3 months, no cause of death, the stories are contradicting themselves from constant change over time, and the coroner said that the body had been tampered with before he was called.

Regardless if you think it was murder or accidental, this is more than enough or a reason for a more thorough investigation to be done by higher authorities outside of this local jurisdiction!!

31. james dennis says:

I am a 24 year old male born and raised in valdosta. I am considered white because of my color not by my ethnicity. And even so being “white” I agree that because this child was of color that Prime and wes Taylor and lowndes county as a whole has been covering for whoever did this to this innocent young boy. Race is the issue. If it were a white child then it would have been solved and foul play would have been the reason and whoever did it would be prosecuted by now. If I would have known about the protest I too would have been there. JUSTICE FOR KJ!!!!! I pray that god has mercy on the people who are conducting this clown circus of an investigation’s soul!!!

• Just Me says:

I am sick of hearing “if this was a white kid”… you do know there are black detectives and black officers right???? Im sure this is not the path that KJ would want created over his ACCIDENTAL death, I have sympathy for the family and hope they can find peace in this tragic accident.

• The law calls it conspiracy and we don’t have to put up with it. This big fat bully sat on this baby, knocked his teeth out and puled his hair. No More!

32. D. Stephens says:

I sat here and read all 83 of the comments that were posted prior to this one you are reading now. I must say I am appauled at the obscene statements that have been made. As redundant as it is I will say it too, “It shouldn’t be about race, it should/is about seeking answers about the death of Kendrick Johnson.” I too am an African American but I will refrain from referring to this terrible situation as a racial matter. Instead My focus is directed towards the obivious as to why wasn’t the coroner immediately contacted upon notice of Kendrick’s death? Why wasn’t the family allowed to view their child’s body until 72 hours later? Why hasn’t Lowndes High released the footage of Kendrick’s last day on the premises of Lowndes High? And most important, what really happen to Kendrick Johnson? These are only a few of the many questions that are going through the family members minds. Instead of people throwing the race card, ignorant card, stupid, uneducated, etc etc card….Try throwing the answer card (whether accidental or intentional death) because this case is starting to draw a clear division among citizens in this town. If you don’t believe just go back through all of the previous messages. One thing I will say is that we all know if it was one of our loved one’s we too would have done what the Johnson’s did. And we would continue to do it. If you are a supporter of the KJ Movement continue supporting because that’s the only way the world outside of Valdosta Ga will hear OUR voices. If you are not for the KJ Movement then continue to do just what you are doing because you are entitled to your own opinion. But I will say this, a few things I am certain about is:1.) God can take care of people/situations far better than any man or woman can. 2.) What goes up must come down. Last but not least, what goes around comes back around and God sees to that. (I don’t mean that statement in a harmful way at all). But if there was any wrong doing in this young man’s death in anyway at all God will take care of the individual(s) directly or indirectly. You all have a blessed day. I am KENDRICK JOHNSON!

• Just Me says:

Well said Mr Stephens, I have been here over 20 years and have never had a race issue, Valdosta/Lowndes county is a great place to live and this case has nothing to do with race… leave it out and concentrate on the other aspects of the case.

• Tay says:

Well said D Stephens!! You are right in everything you said. I couldn’t have said it any better. Thank you for commenting all of that!! I’m proud to have a citizen like you in our community :) have a blessed day as well.

• GladtobeGone says:

The coroner was not called for several hours because the actual trained professionals were investigating the scene before calling an elected official. Bill Watson’s background is in death transport, with a little embalming mixed in. He is NOT a doctor and does not have a forensic background, and definitely does not possess the expertise to decide the case was “mishandled”. He is a politician more than a professional. As far as the footage, I wasn’t aware that it is standard practice to release footage from school recordings to the general public. I’m sure the authorities have reviewed the tapes. I have seen the photos of Kendrick, and while hard to look at, they absolutely look like someone should had they been upside down at the time of death. Blood pools in the lower spots of the body because the heart stops and gravity takes over. It is called livor mortis. I have a degree in forensics and am more qualified than the coroner. As far as the boy’s unfortunate death, try staying inverted (lay on the couch or bed and put your head upside down off of the bed, or better yet, lean up against the wall with your head down so that all of the blood in your body goes to your head) and see how long you can stay like that before your head begins to feel uncomfortable and hurt. The Sheriff did his duty to calm the public and state that there was no initial evidence of foul play because there was none. I understand the parents grieving for their loss, but I believe their grief is being misguided and influenced by those that want to believe in a conspiracy. The facts just simply do not support it.

• fwiw says:

To D. Stephens, I am deeply disturbed as well at the hateful, racist comments. It is despicable of people to expose the hatred in their hearts to a family who is still grieving and understandably distraught over unanswered questions. The family has a right to protest peacefully, and for the ones who chose to be civilly disobedient, they made a statement which took courage, knowing they would be arrested and go to jail. I offer heartfelt condolences to the Johnson family for the loss of their beloved KJ. If it makes some small difference, I am not African American and I honk my car horn in memory of KJ each time I pass through downtown.

33. First Lady B says:

My prayers go out to the Johnson Family…Weeping may endure for a night but joy comes in the morning because justice will prevail in due season..Just continue to wait on God and we will all see what the outcome will be!!!

34. Mine says:

No foul play?! Yet he was ROLLED IN SOME MATS?! As a dance teacher I know how hard it is to tightly roll some athletic mats and also how HARD it would be to ACCIDENTLY fall with your body into some ROLLED MATS! So for those who agree with this “no foul play” ruling your crazy. Point blank period. I honestly this IS a case of RACE, and that’s from a white mother of 2. I support this mother and her family.

35. Skip says:

I bet that when the official report is in and supports the findings of the Lowndes County Sheriffs Dept that it will not end. The family has decided that they are victims of wrong doing and they are not going to ever believe it was an accident.. They have a need to be victims.. It’s a terrible way to proceed.. Because of this need they will never know or accept the truth.. I pray that they find the peace that the truth will bring and that they are unselfish enough to accept it and move on with their lives..

36. nelshell says:

I’ll just say this & be done with it,, some whites (NOT ALL) will always feel like WE African Americans do not possess common sense & that they know everything! WE know that Kj was killed & so do they! But whenever black folks speak out on what’s right its we’re always pulling the race card or “FEEL THE NEED TO BE VICTIMS”. Justice will be served those who KILLED KENDRICK & they can all kick rocks & eat dirt afterwards! The end!